Thursday, January 26, 2012

Tool #11 - Reflection

1. My favorite tools so far would have to be Animoto and Google Docs.  Animoto would work well with group projects, as would Google Docs so students could easily collaborate if logistics were a factor.

2. Through these lessons I have been reminded that technology should be integrated more into the classroom, no matter how little the amount.  That small amount might engage a students who has shown to be otherwise reluctant in the learning process.  Assessments and assignments will probably need to be revamped to meet these technology changes.

3. With the level of importance given to 11 Tools, one would think it could have been presented in a different manner.  In my opinion, it was quite overwhelming...a lot of things to learn in a short amount of time.  With everything else that is expected from us each day, I don't feel like I was able to enjoy the process (and I like to learn new things) and as a result probably didn't retain as much as I could have if it was done at a slower pace (in services, over the course of a school year, and so forth).  I am hopeful that the information will stay posted on the district and library websites so that I can go back to them for reference whenever needed.  Also to note, the choices for English were quite slim.

1 comment:

  1. TWO great tools gleaned from this experience is AWESOME! And those two are two of my favorites, as well. They are great "go to" tools in a pinch and the perfect tools to introduce to students. They will actually use them when they leave our campus so it's a win-win deal!

    ReplyDelete